Interview with Rossana Condoleo
Intervistë e autores Gjermane Rossana Condoleo
What is your writing process?
I let myself be inspired… I avoid writing when Inspiration doesn’t call me. This way I make no efforts by writing… It comes out as a natural process of connection between my subconscious or Universum and my PC Keyboard. I know that two principles move me, anyway: being of help and letting my imagination free.
How do you approach cover design?
I make my covers myself. Right like by writing, I just wait the moment “I AM READY” to perform, and it is not such a long work under these favourable circumstances, because inspiration makes most of the job.
What are your five favorite books, and why?
- “A woman of Substance”, by Barbara Taylor Bradford. I was sixteen years old when I read it, and it helped me to become a woman of substance and to act in the direction of my dreams. Self-made men and women are for me a continuous source of motivation.
2. “You have the freedom to be yourself, your true self, here and now, and nothing can stand in your way.”
― Richard Bach, “Jonathan Livingston Seagull”. The reason is in the quote.
3. “Gone with the Wind”, by Margaret Mitchell. I like history and strong characters and the combination is just too fascinating here. The author explores many different kinds of love under the coulisse of the Civil War. War, like wine, makes people more true to themselves.
4. “Smart Women Foolish Choices”, by Connell Cowan & Melvyn Kinder. I was young and disillusioned when I read this book; it was to become the first of many other books dealing with man-woman relationships. This title is an eye-opener for smart women falling in love (over and over again with the wrong men.
5. “The Scarlet Letter”, by Nathaniel Hawthorne. Again…lot of history, the history you do not learn at school. The author is depicting bigotry, burning love and a wonderful uncontaminated new world. A very dramatic and intense mix!
What do you read for pleasure?
Psychology, innovation management, medicine, philosophy, inspirational novels and essays.
What is your e-reading device of choice?
IPad at home, Kindle outdoors, due to the different reflection of light on the screens.
What motivated you to become an indie author?
I am sure in the near future there will be no more Publishing Companies left to decide what the readers will be reading next. It is a simple concept of freedom, not only Authors’ freedom, but and especially Readers’ freedom. I have never tried a different way to reach my readers… Never sent my manuscript to a publishing company, for example. I have full control on my work, and I find it is just great. I would never compromise about the content of my books.
What is the greatest joy of writing for you?
I think I would never otherwise come in touch with a certain class of feelings! I write non-fiction, fiction and poetry (under pen name) and this variety grants a big deal of emotions to my mind. My world comes in touch with the world of other people, my readers. This “connection”, this “lien” is just wonderful. I know that I will be helpful, in some way, because I deliver either entertainment or advice, or at best both . In any case, I feel joy and fulfillment as a professional, since I know that beyond eating and drinking from my job, I am also enriching myself while enriching my readers. On top of that, I have a feeling of love and anticipation… I imagine my readers while holding my paperback or an ebook reader in their hands and forget about anything else.
What do your fans mean to you?
I am so thankful for their affection and support that I cannot but reciprocate their love. The romantic relationship with my readers starts already in the writing phase, as previously explained. Finding out that they are happy with my work and eager to read more from me…that they are so present and active on my social networks makes me the happiest person in the world!
What are you working on next?
My upcoming book is “For Single Parents”. At the beginning of next year I will appear in a collection of Essays, in the USA, with the Title of “Hope after Divorce 2″. Following, a Romantic Suspense Novel, GONDRA.
What inspires you to get out of bed each day?
The Surprise! Every new day is disclosing something new and often unexpected. I wake up and get out of bed with the feeling of a child at her/his birthday; I am going to open life gifts… I know it for sure… and that’s so exciting!
When you’re not writing, how do you spend your spare time?
Apart from being a mom and doing lot of things together with my 6 year old daughter (including what follows), I like gardening, playing keyboard, reading, walking within nature, going to the movies or to the theater, drawing and painting, writing letters to friends, travelling, enjoying wellness time and treatments, cooking, swimming, volunteering for my daughter’s school. I am not practicing sports lately, since I had serious problems with my left knee after a 4 hour Zumba marathon.
Books by authors
Price: $11.76 USD. Approx. 53,800 words. Language: German. Published on August 1, 2013. Category: Nonfiction.
“Gluecklich trotz Scheidung: Der lebensveraendernde, komplette Scheidungsratgeber” ist der ultimative Ratgeber für Frauen und Männer, die sich scheiden lassen. Eine Scheidung ist größter Stress: Der Umbruch, den eine Scheidung bedeutet, stellt aber auch eine hervorragende Gelegenheit dar, das eigene Leben seinen innersten Wünschen entsprechend umzugestalten – denn das Leben nach einer Scheidung.
Price: $8.90 USD. Approx. 53,490 words. Language: English. Published on June 7, 2013. Category: Nonfiction.
THE LIFE CHANGING, EMPOWERING, MOST COMPLETE GUIDE FOR DEALING WITH DIVORCE – ***A MUST-READ*** for men and women facing Separation & Divorce!